Wednesday, December 30, 2009

One little word

"Let me pray not to be sheltered from dangers, but to be fearless in facing them." -- Rabindranath Tagore



A few years ago, Ali Edwards (the scrapbooking/memory keeper guru) started a tradition of choosing one word each January to focus on over the course of the year. One word to keep in mind as she went about her daily life.


This idea really appeals to me and the word that popped into my head today was "fearless". Just the thought of living for a year with that one little word as my guide scares me. Which makes me think it is the right choice.

Here's a video by the Buddhist author, Susan Piver, describes exactly what "fearless" means to me.


I plan to create two scrapbook layouts --one at the beginning of the year to express my intention and the second one at the end to reflect on the process and the influence that living with purposeful fearlessness has on my life.

As you consider making resolutions at the start of the new year, I challenge you to join me in this twist on tradition. Choose one word -- or as Ali says, let it choose you. Live by this word and at the end of 2010, reflect on what kind of impact it had on your life. I'd love to know which words speak to you. Please share your choice in the comments...................or keep it close to your heart.



I wish you all a very happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Cathryn, I am joining you in the jounrey. My word is going to be Courage. I am excited to see were this will take me.

    ReplyDelete