Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Miss Prescott Had Once Been in Love
I've been saving this project for last because I made it as a Valentine's Day gift for my husband. I don't think he reads my blog, but you never know and I didn't want to spoil the surprise. It's been a hard secret to keep!
This collage was inspired by a kit designed by Jenni Bowlin, a well-known scrapbook artist. I have always loved to collect bits and pieces of ephemera. If you look closely you'll see, among other things, an old ledger, vintage sheet music, postage stamps, a whiskey label and a cigar band. I found the portrait of the young woman at a flea market last summer. When I brought it home, Richard commented that she looked like me! Something about the round face and the glasses, I think.
I loved the process of assembling the collage and was so pleased with the way it turned out that I e-mailed a photo of it to Jenni. I was thrilled when I received a reply asking if it could be featured on her blog! So, now I've been published! I hope you'll check it out there. My friend, Christy G., took some cool photos while I was working on the collage at the SSNA retreat a couple of weeks ago and they are included in the feature.
I've been dreaming up all kinds of variations of this project and can't wait to make some more!
I hope you're all having a happy Valentine's Day spending time with the people you love the most!

1 comment:

  1. Cathryn -

    Thank you so much for the beautiful projects you shared with all of us and for joining me in this Valentine's Day hop! I had so much fun and hope you'll join me again next year (next time I'll give a little more lead time!).

    Thanks again!

    Paige

    ReplyDelete