Monday, January 3, 2011

11 Books to Read in 2011

Last year I challenged myself to read a classic every month. If you read my previous post about discipline, it won't surprise you to know that I didn't completely succeed. I did read a handful, though, and enjoyed them. This year I thought I'd make a list of the classics I'd like to read and post it here for accountability. I'm not sure they all qualify as true classics. Some are favorites from childhood, a few I want to refresh in my memory and a couple are to fill the "holes" in my reading history.


11 Books to Read in 2011

The Yearling--Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Rascal--Sterling North

Caddie Woodlawn--Carol Ryrie Brink

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn--Betty Smith

Madame Bovary--Gustave Flaubert

Anna Karenina--Leo Tolstoy

Sense and Sensibility--Jane Austen

Wuthering Heights--Emily Bronte

West with the Night--Beryl Markham

Out of Africa--Isak Dinesen

1984--George Orwell

1 comment:

  1. Rascal and Caddie Woodlawn are two of my favorites! I think I'll get A Tree Grows in Brooklyn next. :)

    ReplyDelete