I was at the Atlanta Scrapbook Expo crop Friday night and they were doing a bunch of giveaways based on your birthdate. I couldn't believe it when they called out October 13!! And, then I was amazed to see five people run up! The nice Expo people decided to give each of us a prize. Like Let's Make a Deal, I got to choose between the box, the bag or a surprise behind the curtain. I chose the curtain and went home with a brand new Cuttlebug machine. I don't think I've ever won anything before so this was pretty exciting. Earlier in the evening I actually won another drawing and got to pick out a little gift -- some cute ribbons to match the paper in the gift bag we received at the crop.
What a fun day! I took a Basic Grey card class where we made a set of magnetic cards with a matching portfolio to hold them. After that I headed out to Chick-Fil-A for lunch with my friends Marta and Adele. Gretchen joined us when we got back to the Expo and we shopped until we dropped! My favorites were the felt borders at Queen & Co and the glittered chipboard at Melissa Frances. I also bought a ton of Basic Grey. Dinner out revived us enough to do some cropping and we stayed until the bitter end.
Adele & Gretchen at the Queen & Co. booth
The four of us at CTMH.

Gretchen, Marta & me cropping
I was exhausted and went to bed Friday night with visions of embellishments dancing in my head. Yesterday Gretchen convinced me (she didn't really have to twist my arm too hard) to head back over there to take a class from Melissa Frances. It was great to meet her and make five cute cards using her chipboard pieces. Can't wait for next year!



Congrats! That is so exciting!
ReplyDelete