Tuesday, December 28, 2010

One little word: A look back at 2010

The one little word I chose for the year was "fearless". My intention was to be more open to new experiences, to not allow myself to be restricted by fear. There were no dramatic mountaintop moments, but I did try some new things (acupuncture, for one) and say "yes" more than once when asked to do something out of my comfort zone. While I didn't keep myself laser-focused on my word, I never completely lost sight of it either. In fact, the universe dropped it right at my feet this summer when we were visiting the New Museum in New York City. There was an installation by Rivane Neuenschwander called "I Wish, You Wish." Hundred of ribbons printed with the wishes of previous gallery visitors were hanging from the walls. We were invited to randomly select a ribbon and then replace it with a new wish written on a strip of paper. The blue ribbon I pulled from the wall read, " I wish my fears would not limit my actions."

No comments:

Post a Comment